Beloved Children of St Mark,
Peace and grace,
The Church in her wisdom has taught us that the selection of the priestly candidate is one that must be undertaken in reverence and with wisdom, accompanied by fasting and prayer for the Lord’s will to be revealed.
Now as we approach the final steps, and with the approval and blessing of our Beloved Father and Shepherd, His Grace Bishop Boulos, as well as the support of the fathers, the late hegumen father Mikhail Aziz and father Victor Nasr, the church sets before her congregation the blessed son Deacon Marcos Kirellos who is nominated to the priesthood.
The Church’s process of nomination is unlike the worldly method of popular election. We are not concerned with numbers as much as we are focused on God’s will. We place our trust in the Holy Spirit which has spoken to us through our Father the Bishop who has shown thus far great comfort and peace with the candidature of Deacon Marcos. His Grace, being a loving father, and the overseer of the service, is now giving us the opportunity (as shown in the attached video below) to share our voices regarding this candidature.
- If you are in support of the nominee, then no action is required other than your prayers that the Lord’s will be done.
- If you do not know the person, again, please join in prayer that the Lord may work through our Father the Bishop to make the best possible decision.
- If you have any concerns, please send an email to His Grace on HGboulos@eccopts.ca and trust that your feedback will be considered.
Conditions to share your voice:
- You MUST be a member of St Mark Church
- You MUST include your full name, phone number and email address.
Please note that, if you do not abide to these two conditions, your email will be discarded.
Information concerning deacon Marcos:
- Born in Egypt on September 7th 1974
- Married to Sylvia Khalil and father of Catherine, Anthony and Martina
- Works as a pilot and holds a “Commercial Pilot License”
- Arrived to Canada in 1994
- Between 1995 and 2010, he served at St Mark in Sunday School teaching (grade 4 to 10), hymns teaching and youth activities.
- Since 2010, and along with his aviation studies, he helped in video recording various events and, recently, led the ushering and cleaning services.